Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Missing Emily



I just looked back into earlier posts and saw a picture of my dear friend Emily. I've been very negligent about posting this summer, but I'm reminded with her picture as to why. Emily entered the hospital on May 9 and lost her long battle with breast cancer on June 26 - one day after her birthday. To say I miss her is an understatement. We walked together, we painted together, we shopped at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, we traveled together we were just about the same age and had things in common that no one could or would have ever believed and now there is a horrible void. All weekend with the hurricane I kept thinking of things I wanted to say to Emily. There are things I can only share with her and that only she could understand. I am thankful for the time I had her and I'm thankful for her son, daughter and sister who remain in my life but I miss her more than words can say. I miss talking to her on the phone, I miss her encouragement for my painting and I'm having a hard time even thinking about doing a marathon without her - she was my encourager there too! The picture is the next to the last 1/2 marathon we did together - this was at the end of the Nike 2007 race being congratulated by John Bingham. This was a really big deal for Emily to complete this race. We did one more in December - the Victory Junction 1/2 as balloon cuties (second picture). We're coming in to the finish line holding "Vic's" hooves. Don't ask about the funny hats! Oh my what wonderful memories!


Bev

No comments: